You'll love HipHosting!
HipHosting is an awesome way to earn extra money for sharing your favorite places and activities. Connect with new people who want to do something different and help them discover the hidden gems in your local area.
To get going, simply complete the form above to get our free Guide to HipHosting. Or if you already know the drill, click on the orange button below to create a tour listing.
Listing a tour is free. Get started now. Create a Tour
6 Reasons to Start HipHosting Today
Make Extra Money
HipHost is an easy and fun way to use your local knowledge and turn your spare time into cash.
Listing is Free
Listing a tour on HipHost is free. We only take a small fee after guests go on your tour.
We Make it Simple
Create your private tour in 3 easy steps. Once approved, your listing will appear in our search results.
Meet New People
Connect with travelers and locals looking for fun things to do. It's a cool way to meet new people.
Share Your Passion
Help travelers and locals discover hidden gems and cool experiences by sharing your local knowledge.
We will never reveal your contact information to guests and you always choose who to accept on your tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
- General Questions
- Creating & Selling
- Building a Reputation
- Providing Tours
- Payments & Fees
- Managing Your Account
- Do I need previous experience as a professional Tour Guide?
Absolutely not! The HipHost community is made up of passionate locals who are excited to offer unique and affordable private tours.
- What kind of time commitment do I need to make?
There is no required time commitment. After receiving a tour request, you can communicate directly with guests through our private messaging system to arrange a convenient time for both you and your guest.
- How much can I make?
In addition to the hourly rate you set, you’ll make extra money for hosting groups with more than 2 people. And don’t forget that we encourage our guests to tip their Host for a job well done. All together, the amount you earn will often be much higher than the hourly rate you set.
You can make additional money for private tours with more than two people that you As much as you want! After your tour listing is approved, the HipHost team will work hard to market your private tour to travelers and locals looking for unique things to do.
- How many tours can I list on HipHost?
You can submit as many tours as you’d like. To get your tours approved for listing, you'll need at least three personal recommendations. Our reputation tools make it really easy for you to ask your friends to write something about how great you are.
- How can I attract more Travelers for my tours?
First, make sure that you have a great tour listing full of vivid descriptions and photos. The next step is to build your reputation with personal recommendations and tour reviews. The more quality reviews you have, the higher you'll appear on the recommended list of search results.
- What are the benefits of selling tours on HipHost?
- Listings are free so there is no risk to you.
- We have a large and fast growing number of visitors to our website who want to book private tours with local hosts.
- We handle all guest payments (including the credit card fees) so you don’t have to worry about it.
- We offer a variety of tours attracting lots of potential guests from all over the world.
Creating and Selling tours
- How do I create a new tour?
Click on [Host a Tour] and create your private tour listing in 3 easy steps. The HipHost team will then review your tour while you get three recommendations. Once approved, your listing is live and ready for the world to see.
- What kind of tours can I create?
Anything your imagination can dream up! Our marketplace is full of unique local tours that take people off the beaten path. Think about any areas of expertise you may have and create an awesome local experience.
- How do people find out about my tour?
Thousands of people come to HipHost looking for unique and affordable things to do. If you create a great tour and build your online reputation, you can expect to receive lots of tour requests.
- How do I know when someone requests a Private Tour?
When a guest books your tour, you will receive an email notification from HipHost. Upon receipt, you can confirm or decline the request. You can also email your guest to arrange an alternate time that is convenient for you. All guest communications are sent through our private messaging platform, never revealing your personal email address.
- How is my tour price determined?
When creating your tour, you submit the minimum hourly rate you'd like to charge for your tour along with the cost of any items included (i.e., cab fare, cup of coffee, admission to a museum). HipHost will then add-on a small fee and create retail pricing for your tour.
Building a Reputation
- How do I build my reputation on HipHost?
The fastest way to build your reputation is to reach out to friends for a personal recommendation. This is easily done through your HipHost dashboard. These recommendations appear under the review section of your tour. Remember that the more quality reviews you have, the higher your tour will appear on our recommended search results.
- What is the benefit of building my reputation?
Your tour listings will appear higher on our search results, and guests will be more likely to book your tour because they can see how truly awesome you are.
- I got a Tour Request! Now what?
Review the date, time and number of guests that booked. Ensure that you can perform the tour. If yes, then follow the link in your email and click “approve.” If no, you can message the guest to work out an alternate time.
- How do I provide guests with a great private tour experience?
- Accommodate your guests needs, interests and wants.
- Arrive on time at the meeting location.
- Be open minded and friendly.
- Ensure your guests are comfortable. If you’re offering a long tour, make sure you provide water and restroom breaks.
- If you don’t know an answer to a question, just say that you don’t know (and suggest where they could find out the answer if possible) – it’s okay not to know everything!
- Thank your guests for booking your tour at the end.
- What if the Traveler doesn’t show up for their Tour?
After 15 minutes, call us 888-573-3259 or email email@example.com.
Payment & Fees
- Does HipHost charge a fee?
HipHost adds a small fee on top of your hourly rate to calculate the retail price of a tour. There is no cost to you and we only collect our fee after a tour is completed and you get paid.
- When do I receive payment for the tours I have provided?
Payments are sent to hosts on the 1st and 15th day of each month.
Managing Your Account
- How can I edit my account information and tour listings?
Sign in at HipHost.com and go to your [dashboard].
- I forgot my username or password. What can I do?
Go to the [sign in] page and click “Forgot your password?”
- What if I no longer want to offer my Tour?
Sign in at HipHost.com and go to your [dashboard]. Choose “Listings” then “approved”. From here you can deactivate any of your listings from showing up in search results. If you change your mind, you can go back and set to “activate” at any time.
Didn't find your answer? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org